MFM Ministries is a full gospel ministry devoted to the Revival of Apostolic Signs, Holy Ghost fireworks and the unlimited demonstration of the power of God to deliver to the uttermost.
Absolute holiness within and without as the greatest spiritual insecticide and a pre-requisite for Heaven is taught openly. MFM is a do-it-yourself Gospel ministry where your hands are trained to wage war and your fingers to do battle.
At MFM, aggressive prayer is considered as an aid to spiritual focus and a check against being overwhelmed by the flesh. At MFM Prayer City, prayer goes on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, non-stop.
In the Beginning...
Soon after completing his Ph.D. in the United Kingdom, and while working at the Nigerian Institute of Medical Research, Dr. Daniel Kolawole Olukoya (DKO) summoned a prayer meeting. This was on a Wednesday in 1989. 24 brethren showed up at the meeting. The venue of that meeting was in the living room of DKO.
After that meeting, the voice of providence kept calling for subsequent meetings. At these meetings, the power of God came down and verifiable miracles began to happen in the lives of the attending brethren. The power of God began to evangelise the prayer meetings and a spiritual explosion began with people coming from far and wide to seek the face of God.
With more and more people attending the prayer meetings, a larger location was required. The prayer meetings moved to 60 Old Yaba Road, Yaba, Lagos. Here, the teeming crowd of believers grew in even more amazing proportion necessitating yet another relocation.
The prayer group was offered and purchased an abandoned slum located at 13 Olasimbo Street, Onike, Yaba. It was a fairly large piece of land near the second gate of the University of Lagos. That slum has now been transformed into the International Headquarters of the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries of which Dr. Olukoya is the General Overseer. The name "Mountain of Fire & Miracles Ministries" was revealed to DKO during normal prayer and the church had its first service on April 24, 1994.
Even at the new location, believers and those seeking help kept coming leading to a very large congregation. This situation posed a challenge of crowd, growth and expansion management to the leadership of the church. Thus, under the direction of the Lord, MFM evolved a strategy of a network of branches in every state capital, local government headquarters, senatorial district and locality. Till this day and across the world, MFM branches spring up as one of the fastest growing churches of this generation. International church branches first started in London before spreading to the United States, Canada, the rest of Europe, the Caribbean, Africa and Asia. On every continent, MFM is profoundly visible and greatly impactful.
Mission + Vision
• To propagate the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ all over the world
• To promote the revival of Apostolic signs, wonders and miracles
• To bring together children of God who are lost in dead churches
• To train believers in the art and science of spiritual warfare; thus making them an aggressive and victorious army for the Lord
• To train believers to receive Holy Ghost baptism and fire as well as a daily walk and relationship with the Holy Spirit
• To turn the joy of our enemies to sorrow. That is why we would always have a Deliverance ministry wherever we are. If you do not believe in deliverance, you are not supposed to be in MFM
• To build an aggressive end-time army for the Lord. MFM is an end-time church where we build an aggressive end-time army for the Lord
• What is an end-time church? An end-time church is a church where a sinner enters with two options: he either repents or does not come back, contrary to the present day church where sinners are comfortable and find things so easy and convenient
• To deliver those who have become slaves to pastors, prophets and apostles
• To build up heavenly-bound and aggressive Christians. The priority in MFM is for people to make heaven. It is not a worldly Church
• To build up prayer eagles
• To purify the Pentecostal dirtiness of this age
ABOUT THE MFM MUSIC MINISTRY
The MFM Music Ministry is as old as the Church itself. We bless the name if God for His grace and favour thus far.
At the Music Ministry, we are guided by the following Code of Conduct.
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF THE MUSIC MINISTRY
(CODE OF CONDUCT)
All Singers/Instrumentalists must be genuinely born again, baptized by immersion and filled with the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues.
Absenteeism from Music Programmes without written request merits disciplinary actions such as: Deliverance, Suspensions, and Dismissal from the Group.
All Singers/Instrumentalists must run through Deliverance, and periodic deliverance programmes should be organized for cleansing.
All members of the Music Ministry are expected to participate in all Church programmes involving Music Ministrations. i.e. Weekly Services and all Mass Choir programmes, especially the Power Must Change Hands programme.
Singers/Instrumentalist are not permitted to Perm their hair or make any worldly hair do/haircut.
Singers/Instrumentalists are not allowed to Tone or bleach their skin, fix nails or use nail hardeners.
Singers/Instrumentalists are not allowed to use any form of Jewelries such as, earrings, wedding rings, among others; and all forms of Jezebelian make-ups are prohibited.
Singers/Instrumentalists are not allowed to wear transparent outfits, and all forms of Hell advertising skirts, or Breasts, Thighs, and Hip revealing fashion of this crude generation.
8b. Clothing must not be too tight, body hugging or revealing.
8c. Ladies Skirts must be either Midi or Maxi depending on the country under consideration.
Mini/and Micro mini is Strictly Prohibited. (Preference should be for Flaired/Pleated/Gathered skirts or gowns)
8d. Hairdo must be modest.
8e. Shoes (especially ladies shoes) must have moderate heels. The use of excessively high heeled shoes should stop.
MFM Music ministers can sing Contemporary/African Gospel Songs that are spirit-filled with clear gospel message. The use of live or membranous drums is prohibited. The use of electronic drumbeats is allowed in very small measures to enhance Contemporary music.
All members of the Music Ministry must comport themselves as expected of any Minister of MFM. Brokenness must be our watchword in words, and actions, within and out of the Church premises.