This is a department that functions as an arm of the MFM Music Ministry. Acappella (spelled “acapella” in Latin) is a style of vocal performance without instrumental accompaniment. In other words, the voice is the only instrument employed during acappella singing. The term ‘acappella’ literally means ‘in the manner of the chapel’ in Italian, more so, this style of music making has its root in early religious music.
To the glory of God, the Acapella Department at the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries is a large one, comprising groups from the International headquarters and almost all branches of MFM worldwide. Some of these wonderful groups include:
- INNER VISION ACAPPELLA
- MEZZO STREAMS ACAPPELLA
- SOUL TOUCH ACAPPELLA
- THE QUARTET
- HEAVENLY VOICES ACAPPELLA
- ANOINTED VISION SINGERS
- HEAVENLY LANE ACAPPELLA
- ZION DWELLERS ACAPPELLA
- RHEMA SINGERS
- TEENAGE ACAPPELLA
- SOUL LIFTER
- WONDER BOYS
- VOICE OF DAVID
- GOLDEN HEAVENLY VOICE
- SPRING OF JOY ACAPELLA
- LEKKI REGION ACAPELLA
- BALM OF GILEAD ACAPELLA
- THE EXTOLLERS ACAPELLA. ETC……………………….
The department comprises members from all ages, hence, we encourage the participation of both the young ones and young at heart. Many lives have been blessed by the music ministrations of the acappella department – we give glory to God for this. Some of the styles of our ministrations include: Negro spiritual, traditional old time gospel, classical acapella, African styles, Orchestral and Contemporary acapella.
By the special grace of God, Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries acapella groups have had the privilege of performing at notable events both within the MFM and beyond. Interestingly too, we proudly organized and hosted the first acappella music competition in Nigeria. Asides the National Acappella competition in 2012, other programmes includes the MFM Acappella concert, Acappella retreat, Acappella outreach and evangelism, MFM Acappella workshop.
THE NEED OF ACAPELLA DEPARTMENT IN THE CHURCH
- Acappella music ministers can minister without other musical instruments, thereby reviving churches that cannot afford expensive instruments.
- The Acappella department also help to lessen the work load of the choir.
- Acappella groups can be easily accessed and called upon owing to the moderate size of members unlike choirs.
- Acappella music making challenges and improves the musicality of music ministers. This is evident in the beautiful harmony often produced during ministrations.
- Acappella music also encourages teamwork among music ministers, teaching them to be coordinated and self-reliant rather than relying on the conductor during ministration.
OUR MISSION AND VISION
- To lead our audience in worship – exposing them to soul lifting messages from God through our music.
- To propagate the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ through music. As a result, we believe many will be drawn into Kingdom of God which promises peace, joy and everlasting life.
- To engage the young ones and adults in active service for God.
- To provide a godly alternative to vices, unholy music engagements and the likes.
The department is committed to making positive impact through life changing events and programs.
- Passion – Fueled by our love for and dedication to music, we are committed to achieving excellence.
- Integrity – We are committed to a high standard of integrity, a strong ethical framework and a deep sense of respect for all our members.
We encourage regions/branches of MFM worldwide who are yet to have a functioning acappella group to do so. God bless you mightily in Jesus name.